Field trips to the stable are an exciting and educational introduction to the world of horses ,horse keeping, riding and equestrian sport in a safe, controlled environment. Perfect for school groups or other organizations, ages 6 to 106!
Field trips are two hours long and include the following:
- A tour of the stables in which participants will meet the horses of Equest & learn about:
- Horse behavior and anatomy
- Horse breeds and colors
- Horse sports
- Horse keeping (diet, health, care, etc.)
- A hands-on grooming station
- A tack-up demonstration
- A short ride (optional) during which participants will learn:
- How to mount and dismount
- How to stop, go forward and steer
- Proper riding position
- Safety while riding
Field trip groups may also picnic at our scenic Pony Party Patio by the lagoon.
A 5:1 child-to-chaperone ratio is required for field trips.
Pricing: $15 per person with a maximum of 30 participants. There is no additional charge for chaperones.
A $50 non-refundable deposit is required to hold the date and time and reserve the horses. The deposit applies towards the full price of the field trip. You must reserve the field trip in person and complete all waiver forms prior to riding at Equest Farm.